- Greetings to all of you.
- I am Kang Shin-Wook, Commissioner of Statistics Korea (KOSTAT).
I sincerely thank you for visiting the KOSTAT website.
- In the era of the Fourth Industrial Revolution, big data and statistics are in an ever-increasing demand from government, businesses and the general public. KOSTAT is striving to be reborn as an official data hub by covering big data as well as national statistics.
- In producing statistics, accuracy and objectivity are core values. To meet demand from statistical users, KOSTAT will develop new statistical indicators and produce national statistics more accurately and reliably by improving statistical methodology.
- KOSTAT will strengthen services and actively communicate with statistical users so that the public can use national statistics easily and conveniently through providing visualized statistics more and more.
- To meet expectations from the public, KOSTAT will contribute to the improvement in the quality of life and economic development by producing national statistics that are essential for Korean society.
- Thank you very much.
Commissioner of KOSTAT