News > Statistics Korea News
|Title||The 4th Korea-Russia Bilateral Statistical Cooperation Meeting|
○ The delegation (headed by Mr. Kevesh, Deputy head) of the Federal State Statistics Service of the Russian Federation (ROSSTAT) visited Korea to attend the Fourth Korea-Russia Bilateral Statistical Cooperation Meeting held on February 2-6, 2015.
○ The two countries signed a bilateral statistical cooperation MOU back in 1995, but the meetings were paused until 2013. This year’s bilateral meeting was the third round since the meetings returned. Last year’s meeting was held in Russia.
○ The talks covered various statistical topics including survey methodologies for the current industrial activities, IIP and Index of Services, Russia’s experience with accession to the OECD, and discussions on future cooperation plans. The Russian delegation expressed particular interest in the KOSTAT’s experience in measuring the progress of the Monthly Survey of Industrial Activities.
○ The delegation spent the fourth day of their stay in Korea visiting the Suwon Branch Office under the Gyeonggin Regional Statistics Office, to learn about the regional statistical activities and field survey methods. During discussions, the delegation noted some resemblances between the two countries’ regional statistics offices.
○ Lastly, the delegation’s visit was highlighted with tour of the Gyeongbokgung Palace and Korean Traditional Folk Village, where they were impressed by the Korean culture and heritage.