|Title||Strengthening Statistical Human Capacity in the Republic of Azerbaijan 2019|
□ Project Title : Strengthening Statistical Human Capacity in the Republic of Azerbaijan 2019
□ Project Period : April, 2019 - December, 2019
□ Project Background
○ With the implementation of the SDGs, developing countries face growing demands to produce a
broad range of indicators and related-data.
- Accordingly, there is a necessity to expand the scope of statistical capacity
strengthening projects supported by international organizations and bilateral donors.
○ During a local trip to Azerbaijan to conduct a feasibility study (April, 2017), KOSTAT
selected the support areas for two years (2018 ？ 2019) in consideration of the requests
from The State Statistical Committee of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
(2018) Establishing Statistical Database System and Service System
(2019) Strengthening Statistical Human Capacity
□ Project Purpose
○ To support Azerbaijan in strengthening its statistical capacity to create evidence-based
policies, enforcing its capacity to monitor the implementation of SDGs and making a
successful economic and social development plan.
□ Project Scope
○ Invitational training (in Korea)
- High-level leadership course
- ICT (developement) course
- Intermediate courses on economic statistics and social statistics
○ Local training (in Azerbaijan)
- Elementary courses on economic statistics and social statistics
- ICT (operiation) course
○ Consulting for National Statistical Practice Program
- Providing consulting services for training working-level experts in the field of national
statistics of Azerbaijan
- Reviewing and analyzing the Azerbaijan’s current training program on national
- Creating and providing five-year training curriculums on national statistical practice by
field and level
○ Establishment of computerized lecture rooms
- Establishing computerized lecture rooms for Azerbaijan’s own statistical training