|Title||KOSTAT and the UNSD co-organized the International Seminar on Open Data for the SDGs|
□ KOSTAT and the United Nations Statistics Division (UNSD) co-organized the ‘International Seminar on Sustainable Development Goals: Open Data Initiative’ at the Westin Chosun Hotel, Seoul, Korea on September 25th until the 27th in 2017.
○ They have been organizing this series of international seminars since 2010 aiming to keep a dialogue going on key global issues concerning the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
* 2015: SDGs → 2016: Data Disaggregation for the SDGs → 2017: Open Data for SDGs
○ Nearly 100 experts from international organizations and national statistical offices gathered at this year’s seminar to discuss issues surrounding the use of open data for implementing the Global Indicators Framework for the SDGs. The framework was endorsed at the General Assembly of the UN in July this year which will be improved and refined according to the results of this seminar.
○ Opening Ceremony: opening remarks by the Commissioner of KOSTAT and the keynote address by the Managing Director of Open Data Watch
○ [Session 1] Open data initiatives in support of the 2030 Agenda and the SDG indicators
○ [Session 2] Supporting the role of national statistical systems in Open Data initiatives
○ [Session 3] Balancing openness with risks, such as security and privacy
○ [Sessions 4~6] Stakeholder involvement, data interoperability, and capacity building