|Title||KOSTAT and the UNECE co-organized the High-Level Group Seminar for Modernization of Official Statistics|
□ KOSTAT and the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) co-organized the ‘High-Level Seminar on Process-Oriented Approach* to Statistical Production’ at the Plaza Hotel, Seoul, Korea between April 19th and the 20th in 2017.
* The approach refers to a standardized business model for statistical production that includes the planning, data collection, data processing and analysis, service and quality assessment for statistics. It helps reduce the cost of statistical production and hopes to ensure the delivery of high quality statistical service.
○ The High-Level Group for Modernization of Official Statistics (HLG-MOS) is a gathering of statistically advanced countries in the OECD which aims to lead the global statistical modernization. Since 2012, Korea has been the only Asian member country and it organized the HLG seminar for the first time in Asia.
○ Opening Ceremony: Opening remarks by the Commissioner of KOSTAT welcoming remarks by the Director of the Statistical Division from UNECE
○ [Session 1] Transition to Process-Oriented Structure
○ [Session 2] Organizational Structure to Support Modernization
○ [Session 3] Portfolio Management of Innovation Processes
○ [Session 4] Providing Statistical Services to Government
○ [Session 5] Tools to Support a Process-Oriented Approach (Introduction to Nara Statistics and Nara-pro)
○ Meeting of the HLG MOS Members