Press Releases > Total
|Title||Economically Active Population Survey in February 2016|
[ Economically active population and labor force participation rate ]
○ The economically active population marked 26,734 thousand in February, which grew 337 thousand persons or
1.3 percent year-on-year.
○ The labor force participation rate stood at 61.8 percent in February, up 0.2%p year-on-year.
[ Employed persons and employment-population ratio ]
○ The number of employed persons totaled 25,418 thousand persons in February,
which went up 223 thousand persons or 0.9 percent year-on-year.
○ The employment-population ratio recorded 58.7 percent in February, down 0.1%p year-on-year.
[ Unemployed persons and unemployment rate ]
○ The number of unemployed persons totaled 1,317 thousand people in February,
which increased 114 thousand persons or 9.5 percent year-on-year.
○ The unemployment rate marked 4.9 percent in February, up 0.3%p year-on-year.
[ Economically inactive population ]
○ The economically inactive population totaled 16,540 thousand people in February,
increasing 111 thousand persons or 0.7 percent year-on-year.
※ For more information, refer to the attached file.