Press Releases > Total
|Title||Economically Active Population Survey in October 2018|
[ Economically active population and labor force participation rate ]
○ The economically active population marked 28,063 thousand in October, which grew 143 thousand persons or
0.5 percent year-on-year.
○ The labor force participation rate stood at 63.4 percent in October, remaining the same year-on-year.
[ Employed persons and employment-population ratio ]
○ The number of employed persons totaled 27,090 thousand persons in October, which went up 64 thousand persons or
0.2 percent year-on-year.
○ The employment-population ratio recorded 61.2 percent in October, down 0.2%p year-on-year.
[ Unemployed persons and unemployment rate ]
○ The number of unemployed persons totaled 973 thousand people in October, which increased 79 thousand persons or
8.9 percent year-on-year.
○ The unemployment rate marked 3.5 percent in October, up 0.3%p year-on-year.
[ Economically inactive population ]
○ The economically inactive population totaled 16,199 thousand people in October, increasing 105 thousand persons or
0.7 percent year-on-year.
※ For more information, refer to the attached file.