Press Releases > Total
|Title||Economically Active Population Survey in December 2018|
[ Economically active population and labor force participation rate ]
○ The economically active population marked 27,582 thousand in December, which grew 66 thousand persons or
0.2 percent year-on-year.
○ The labor force participation rate stood at 62.2 percent in December, down 0.3%p year-on-year.
[ Employed persons and employment-population ratio ]
○ The number of employed persons totaled 26,638 thousand persons in December, which went up 34 thousand persons or
0.1 percent year-on-year.
○ The employment-population ratio recorded 60.1 percent in December, down 0.3%p year-on-year.
[ Unemployed persons and unemployment rate ]
○ The number of unemployed persons totaled 944 thousand people in December, which increased 31 thousand persons or
3.4 percent year-on-year.
○ The unemployment rate marked 3.4 percent in December, up 0.1%p year-on-year.
[ Economically inactive population ]
○ The economically inactive population totaled 16,733 thousand people in December, increasing 190 thousand persons or
1.1 percent year-on-year.
※ For more information, refer to the attached file.