Press Releases > Total
|Title||Economically Active Population Survey in July 2019|
[ Economically active population and labor force participation rate ]
○ The economically active population marked 28,480 thousand in July, which grew 358 thousand persons or 1.3 percent
○ The labor force participation rate stood at 64.0 percent in July, up 0.4%p year-on-year.
[ Employed persons and employment-population ratio ]
○ The number of employed persons totaled 27,383 thousand persons in July, which went up 299 thousand persons or
1.1 percent year-on-year.
○ The employment-population ratio recorded 61.5 percent in July, up 0.2%p year-on-year.
[ Unemployed persons and unemployment rate ]
○ The number of unemployed persons totaled 1,097 thousand people in July, which increased 58 thousand persons or
5.6 percent year-on-year.
○ The unemployment rate marked 3.9 percent in July, up 0.2%p year-on-year.
[ Economically inactive population ]
○ The economically inactive population totaled 16,050 thousand people in July, decreasing 15 thousand persons or
0.1 percent year-on-year.
※ For more information, refer to the attached file.