Press Releases > Total
|Title||Economically Active Population Survey in August 2020|
< Economically active population and labor force participation rate >
○ The economically active population marked 27,949 thousand in August, which decreased 267 thousand persons or 0.9% year-on-year.
○ The labor force participation rate stood at 62.4% in August, down 0.9%p year-on-year.
< Employed persons and employment to population ratio >
○ The number of employed persons totaled 27,085 thousand persons in August, which went down 274 thousand persons or 1.0%
○ The employment to population ratio recorded 60.4% in August, down 1.0%p year-on-year.
< Unemployed persons and unemployment rate >
○ The number of unemployed persons totaled 864 thousand people in August, which increased 6 thousand persons or 0.7% year-on-year.
○ The unemployment rate marked 3.1% in August, up 0.1%p year-on-year.
< Economically inactive population >
○ The economically inactive population totaled 16,864 thousand people in August, increasing 534 thousand persons or 3.3% year-on-year.
※ For more information, refer to the attached file.