Press Releases > Total
|Title||Economically Active Population Survey in January 2021|
< Economically active population and labor force participation rate >
○ The economically active population marked 27,388 thousand in January, which decreased 564 thousand persons or 2.0% year-on-year.
○ The labor force participation rate stood at 60.9% in January, down 1.7%p year-on-year.
< Employed persons and employment to population ratio >
○ The number of employed persons totaled 25,818 thousand persons in January, which went down 982 thousand persons or 3.7%
○ The employment to population ratio recorded 57.4% in January, down 2.6%p year-on-year.
< Unemployed persons and unemployment rate >
○ The number of unemployed persons totaled 1,570 thousand people in January, which increased 417 thousand persons or 36.2%
○ The unemployment rate marked 5.7% in December, up 1.6%p year-on-year.
< Economically inactive population >
○ The economically inactive population totaled 17,580 thousand people in January, increasing 867 thousand persons or 5.2%
※ For more information, refer to the attached file.