Press Releases > Total
|Title||Economically Active Population Survey in August 2022|
[Economically active population and labor force participation rate]
○ The economically active population marked 29.025 million persons in August, which grew 678 thousand persons or 2.4% year-on-year.
○ The labor force participation rate stood at 64.1% in August, up 1.3%p year-on-year.
[Employed persons and employment to population ratio]
○ The number of employed persons totaled 28.410 million persons in August, which went up 807 thousand persons or 2.9% year-on-year.
○ The employment to population ratio recorded 62.8% in August, up 1.6%p year-on-year.
[Unemployed persons and unemployment rate]
○ The number of unemployed persons totaled 615 thousand people in August, which decreased 129 thousand persons or 17.4%
○ The unemployment rate marked 2.1% in August, down 0.5%p year-on-year.
[Economically inactive population]
○ The economically inactive population totaled 16.246 million people in August, decreasing 512 thousand persons or 3.1% year-on-year.
※ For more information, refer to the attached file.