|Title||2018 Social Survey (Family, Education, Health, Safety and Environment)|
○ In 2018, 48.1% of Koreans aged 13 or more thought that they should get married, which showed a drop compared to
51.9% in 2016. In the meantime, 56.4% of Koreans thought that they could live together without getting married,
which showed a rise compared to 48.0% in 2016.
○ In 2018, 58.0% of middle and high school students were satisfied with their overall school life. This percentage showed
an increase compared to 53.3% in 2016.
○ 48.8% of Koreans thought that they were healthy. This percentage rose by 1.7%p compared to 47.1% in 2016.
○ The smoking rate and the drinking rate showed a decrease for males. Whereas, the smoking rate and the drinking rate
showed an increase for females.
○ 20.5% of Koreans thought the Korean society was safe in general. This percentage showed an increase compared to
13.2% in 2016.
○ The share of Koreans (25.4%) thinking that environmental condition got better compared with 5 years ago was lower
than that of Koreans (36.4%) thinking that environmental condition got worse compared with 5 years ago.
※ For more information, refer to the attached file.