|Title||2014 Livestock Production Cost Survey|
□ In 2014, with the exception of Korean beef cattle, the production costs of all livestock recorded a decrease
compared to the previous year.
○ Decrease: calves (-4.5%), beef cattle (-4.4%), hogs (-4.9%) and eggs (-10.1%)
○ Increase: Korean beef cattle (2.7%)
□ In 2014, the net profit of all livestock showed an increase compared to the previous year. This increase was caused
by the drop in production costs, and the rise in livestock production and sale price.
○ The net profit of dairy cows increased to 2,422 thousand won per head in 2014 from 1,768 thousand won per
head in 2013.
* Production of raw milk (liter per head): 8,646.9 liter in 2013 → 8,953.6 liter in 2014 (an increase of 3.5%)
○ The net profit of hogs increased to 84 thousand won per head in 2014 from -28 thousand won per head in 2013.
* Auction price of hogs (won per 1kg of scalded hog): 3,570 won in 2013 → 4,741 won in 2014 (an increase of 32.8%)
○ The net profit of layers increased to 4,147 won per head in 2014 from -314 won per head in 2013.
* Price of eggs (won per l0 large eggs): 1,303 won in 2013 → 1,374 won in 2014 (an increase of 5.4%)
※ For more information, refer to the attached file.