|Title||Results of the Agriculture, Forestry and Fishery Survey in 2012|
○ Farm, Forest and Fishery Household and Population
- As of December 1, 2012, the number of farm households was 1,151 thousand households. The number of
fishery households was 61 thousand households. The number of forest household was 98 thousand households.
- The size of farm, forest and fishery households got smaller and smaller. The aging of farm, forest and
fishery household population was faster than that of the total population.
- As for farm households by province, Gyeongbuk occupied the largest share, which was followed by
Jeonnam and Chungnam.
- The share of full-time households declined by 0.8 percent to 54.3 percent of the total farm households.
- The number of farm households with agricultural area of '3ha and over' showed an upward trend.
- Farm households growing vegetables & wild greens marked an upward trend. In the meantime,
farm households growing paddy rice, fruits and livestock marked a downward trend.
- Farm households whose annual sales totaled 100 million won and over amounted to 30 thousand households,
which occupied 2.6 percent of the total farm households.
- As for selling places of agricultural and livestock products, 'agricultural cooperatives & agricultural corporations'
occupied 32.4 percent.
○ Fishery (Marine Fisheries)
- As for fishery households by province, Jeonnam occupied the largest share, which was followed by Gyeongnam
- The proportion of part-time fishery households fell by 3.7 percent to 30.2 percent.
- Compared to the previous year, aquaculture and fishing households fell by 5.7 percent and 1.6 percent,
- Fishery households whose annual sales totaled 100 million won and over accounted for 9.3 percent of the total
- 'Only growing' households occupied 87.6 percent of the total forest households.
- As for forest households by item of picking, households picking up pine mushrooms occupied the largest share
at 60.2 percent.
※ For more information, refer to the attached file.