|Title||Results of the Agriculture, Forestry and Fishery Survey in 2014|
○ Farm, Forest and Fishery Household and Population
- As of December 1, 2014, the number of farm households was 1,121 thousand households. The number of fishery
households was 59 thousand households. The number of forestry households was 96 thousand households.
- The size of farm, forest and fishery households got smaller and smaller. The aging of farm, forest and fishery
household population was proceeding rapidly.
- As for farm households by province, farm households in Gyeongbuk amounted to 193 thousand households,
which was followed by Jeonnam (160 thousand households).
- Two-person farm households occupied the largest share of the total farm households. The share of the aged
population in farm households recorded 39.1 percent.
- The number of farm households with agricultural area of 'under 1.0ha' was 732 thousand households, which
accounted for 65.3 percent of the total farm households.
- Households growing fruits showed an increase. In the meantime, households growing 'paddy rice' and 'vegetables
and wild greens' showed a decrease.
- Farm households whose annual sales totaled 100 million won or more amounted to 31 thousand households, which
occupied 2.7 percent of the total farm households.
- As for selling places of agricultural and livestock products, 'agricultural cooperatives & agricultural corporations'
occupied 33.1 percent.
- As for fishery households by province, fishery households in Jeonnam amounted to 21.2 thousand households,
which was followed by Chungnam (9.2 thousand households).
- Managers in their sixties occupied 33.8 percent. The share of the aged population in fishery households recorded
- The share of aquaculture households (-5.6%) showed a higher decrease compared to that of fishing households
- Fishery households whose annual sales totaled 100 million won or more accounted for 9.5 percent of the total
- 'Growing-only' households occupied 91.4 percent of the total forest households.
- Households picking up pine mushrooms occupied the largest share at 56.4 percent.
※ For more information, refer to the attached file