|Title||Final Results of the 2015 Census of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries|
1. Farm, forest and fishery households
- As of December 1, 2015, the number of farm, forest and fishery households was 1,237 thousand households.
The population of farm, forest and fishery households was 2,923 thousand persons.
- Compare to 2010, the share of farm, forest and fishery households dropped by 1.2%p to 6.5 percent.
- The share of the aged population in farm, forest and fishery households was 2.9 times higher than that of the total
- 86.1 percent of farm households had a car. The housing facilities of farm households showed an improvement overall.
- Farm households in Dong increased by 4.2 percent compared to 2010.
- The cultivated area per farm household dropped to 1.20ha. The share of farm households with 5.0 hectares or more went
up by 0.2%p.
- Households growing 'Paddy rice' showed a drop. Households growing 'Fruits' and 'Special crops and mushrooms'
showed a rise.
- The share of farm households whose annual sales totaled 50 million won or more went up by 1.1%p to 7.8 percent.
3. Fisheries (Marine fisheries)
- As for the number of fishery households by province, Jeonnam marked the highest figure. As for the number of fishery
households by Si & Gun, Wando-gun, Jeonnam marked the highest figure.
- 70.9 percent of fishery households were part-time households. As for fishery type, fishing households using fishing
vessels occupied 44.6 percent of the total fishery households.
- Fishery households with fishing vessels showed a drop. The share of fishery households with 5-ton or more power
vessels grew by 2.7%p.
- The share of fishery households whose annual sales recorded 50 million won or more went up by 5.4%p to 21.9 percent.
- As for the number of forest households by province, Gyeongbuk marked the highest figure. As for the number of forest
households by Si & Gun, Cheongdo-gun, Gyeongbuk marked the highest figure.
- 'Growing-only' forest households occupied 85.6 percent of the total forest households.
- As for forest households by growing item, forest households growing astringent persimmon occupied the largest share
at 31.1 percent, which was followed by wild greens (24.4 percent) and medical crops (20.4 percent).
[ Structural changes in agriculture, forestry and fisheries ]
2. Fisheries (Marine fisheries)
※ For more information, refer to the attached file.