|Title||Preliminary Results of the 2012 Construction Survey|
○ The number of construction enterprises was 65,251 enterprises in 2012, which decreased by 0.3 percent
(218 enterprises) from 65,469 enterprises in 2011. The value of construction completed rose by 3.7 percent from
224 trillion won in 2011 to 233 trillion won in 2012.
○ The number of construction enterprises in the Seoul Capital Area (Seoul, Incheon and Gyeonggi) was
24,097 enterprises, which occupied 36.9 percent of the total enterprises. The number of construction enterprises
in the other regions (excluding the Seoul Capital Area) was 41,154 enterprises, which occupied 63.1 percent of the
○ The value of domestic construction amounted to 185 trillion won, which occupied 79.5 percent of the total value of
construction (233 trillion won). The value of overseas construction amounted to 48 trillion won, which occupied
20.5 percent of the total value of construction.
○ As for the value by type of work registration, the value of 'General construction' totaled 119 trillion won,
which occupied 51.0 percent of the total construction value. The value of 'Special trade construction' totaled
114 trillion won, which occupied 49.0 percent of the total construction value.
○ As for the value by kind of construction, the construction value of 'Building' recorded 110 trillion won, up 3.0 percent
from 2011. The construction value of 'Civil engineering' recorded 52 trillion won, down 9.9 percent from 2011.
The construction value of 'Industry equipment' recorded 18 trillion won, up 14.5 percent from 2011.
The construction value of 'Landscaping' recorded 5 trillion won, down 8.3 percent from 2011.
○ As for domestic construction, the value of public construction declined by 5.0 percent to 70 trillion won. The value of
private construction grew by 2.8 percent to 114 trillion won.
○ The construction value of top 100 enterprises totaled 90 trillion won in 2012, which occupied 38.8 percent of the
total value of construction. This share rose by 1.7%p from 37.1 percent in 2011.
※ For more information, refer to the attached file.