|Title||Economically Active Population Survey in January 2016|
[ Economically active population and labor force participation rate ]
○ The economically active population marked 26,433 thousand in January, which grew 339 thousand persons or
1.3 percent year-on-year.
○ The labor force participation rate stood at 61.1 percent in January, up 0.1%p year-on-year.
[ Employed persons and employment-population ratio ]
○ The number of employed persons totaled 25,445 thousand persons in January,
which went up 339 thousand persons or 1.4 percent year-on-year.
○ The employment-population ratio recorded 58.8 percent in January, up 0.1%p year-on-year.
[ Unemployed persons and unemployment rate ]
○ The number of unemployed persons totaled 988 thousand people in January,
which decreased 1 thousand persons or 0.1 percent year-on-year.
○ The unemployment rate marked 3.7 percent in January, down 0.1%p year-on-year.
[ Economically inactive population ]
○ The economically inactive population totaled 16,806 thousand people in January,
increasing 125 thousand persons or 0.7 percent year-on-year.
※ For more information, refer to the attached file.