|Title||Economically Active Population Survey in May 2019|
[ Economically active population and labor force participation rate ]
○ The economically active population marked 28,468 thousand in May, which grew 283 thousand persons or 1.0 percent
○ The labor force participation rate stood at 64.0 percent in May, up 0.1%p year-on-year.
[ Employed persons and employment-population ratio ]
○ The number of employed persons totaled 27,322 thousand persons in May, which went up 259 thousand persons or
1.0 percent year-on-year.
○ The employment-population ratio recorded 61.5 percent in May, up 0.2%p year-on-year.
[ Unemployed persons and unemployment rate ]
○ The number of unemployed persons totaled 1,145 thousand people in May, which increased 24 thousand persons or
2.2 percent year-on-year.
○ The unemployment rate marked 4.0 percent in May, remaining the same year-on-year.
[ Economically inactive population ]
○ The economically inactive population totaled 15,992 thousand people in May, increasing 36 thousand persons or
0.2 percent year-on-year.
※ For more information, refer to the attached file.