|Title||Economically Active Population Survey in October 2019|
< Economically active population and labor force participation rate >
○ The economically active population marked 28,373 thousand in October, which grew 311 thousand persons or
1.1 percent year-on-year.
○ The labor force participation rate stood at 63.6 percent in October, up 0.2%p year-on-year.
< Employed persons and employment-population ratio >
○ The number of employed persons totaled 27,509 thousand persons in October, which went up 419 thousand persons or
1.5 percent year-on-year.
○ The employment-population ratio recorded 61.7 percent in October, up 0.5%p year-on-year.
< Unemployed persons and unemployment rate >
○ The number of unemployed persons totaled 864 thousand people in October, which decreased 108 thousand persons or
11.1 percent year-on-year.
○ The unemployment rate marked 3.0 percent in October, down 0.5%p year-on-year.
< Economically inactive population >
○ The economically inactive population totaled 16,228 thousand people in October, increasing 28 thousand persons or
0.2 percent year-on-year.
※ For more information, refer to the attached file.