|Title||Economically Active Population Survey in January 2020|
< Economically active population and labor force participation rate >
○ The economically active population marked 27,952 thousand in January, which grew 497 thousand persons or
1.8 percent year-on-year.
○ The labor force participation rate stood at 62.6 percent in January, up 0.7%p year-on-year.
< Employed persons and employment-population ratio >
○ The number of employed persons totaled 26,800 thousand persons in January, which went up 568 thousand persons or
2.2 percent year-on-year.
○ The employment-population ratio recorded 60.0 percent in January, up 0.8%p year-on-year.
< Unemployed persons and unemployment rate >
○ The number of unemployed persons totaled 1,153 thousand people in January, which decreased 71 thousand persons
or 5.8 percent year-on-year.
○ The unemployment rate marked 4.1 percent in January, down 0.4%p year-on-year.
< Economically inactive population >
○ The economically inactive population totaled 16,713 thousand people in January, decreasing 151 thousand persons or
0.9 percent year-on-year.
※ For more information, refer to the attached file.