|Title||Economically Active Population Survey in April 2020|
< Economically active population and labor force participation rate >
○ The economically active population marked 27,734 thousand in April, which decreased 550 thousand persons or
1.9 percent year-on-year.
○ The labor force participation rate stood at 62.0 percent in April, down 1.6%p year-on-year.
< Employed persons and employment to population ratio >
○ The number of employed persons totaled 26,562 thousand persons in April, which went down 476 thousand persons
or 1.8 percent year-on-year.
○ The employment to population ratio recorded 59.4 percent in April, down 1.4%p year-on-year.
< Unemployed persons and unemployment rate >
○ The number of unemployed persons totaled 1,172 thousand people in April, which decreased 73 thousand persons
or 5.9 percent year-on-year.
○ The unemployment rate marked 4.2 percent in April, down 0.2%p year-on-year.
< Economically inactive population >
○ The economically inactive population totaled 16,991 thousand people in April, increasing 831 thousand persons
or 5.1 percent year-on-year.
※ For more information, refer to the attached file.