|Title||Economically Active Population Survey in August 2021|
< Economically active population and labor force participation rate >
○ The economically active population marked 28.346 million persons in August which grew 398 thousand persons or 1.4% year-on-year.
○ The labor force participation rate stood at 62.8% in August, up 0.4%p year-on-year.
< Employed persons and employment to population ratio >
○ The number of employed persons totaled 27.603 million persons in August, which went up 518 thousand persons or 1.9% year-on-year.
○ The employment to population ratio recorded 61.2% in August, up 0.8%p year-on-year.
< Unemployed persons and unemployment rate >
○ The number of unemployed persons totaled 744 thousand people in August, which decreased 120 thousand persons or 13.9%
○ The unemployment rate marked 2.6% in August, down 0.5%p year-on-year.
< Economically inactive population >
○ The economically inactive population totaled 16.758 million people in August, decreasing 106 thousand persons or 0.6% year-on-year.
※ For more information, refer to the attached file.