|Title||Economically Active Population Survey in May 2022|
[Economically active population and labor force participation rate]
○ The economically active population marked 29.374 million persons in May, which grew 676 thousand persons or 2.4% year-on-year.
○ The labor force participation rate stood at 64.9% in May, up 1.2%p year-on-year.
[Employed persons and employment to population ratio]
○ The number of employed persons totaled 28.485 million persons in May, which went up 935 thousand persons or 3.4% year-on-year.
○ The employment to population ratio recorded 63.0% in May, up 1.8%p year-on-year.
[Unemployed persons and unemployment rate]
○ The number of unemployed persons totaled 889 thousand people in May, which decreased 259 thousand persons or 22.5%
○ The unemployment rate marked 3.0% in May, down 1.0%p year-on-year.
[Economically inactive population]
○ The economically inactive population totaled 15.871 million people in May, decreasing 480 thousand persons or 2.9% year-on-year.
※ For more information, refer to the attached file.