|Title||2012 Foreigner Labour Force Survey|
- The number of employed foreigners was 791 thousand persons.The employment-population ratio for foreigners
recorded 71.0 percent.
- As for the status of sojourn, 'working visit (H-2)' and 'non-professional employment (E-9)' occupied the majority of
employed foreigners. As for the nationality, Korean Chinese occupied the largest share, which was followed by
Vietnamese and Chinese (excluding Korean Chinese).
- As for industries, foreigners worked mainly in Manufacturing, and Wholesale & Retail Trade and Hotels & Restaurants.
As for occupations, craft workers and machine operating & assembling workers occupied the largest share, which was
followed by elementary workers.
- The economically inactive population for foreigners was mainly due to "Childcare and Home duties",
"Attending regular school" and "Rested".
- After the expiration of the current status of residence, 84.2 percent of foreigners wanted to stay in Korea.
They mainly wanted to extend their stay or obtain permanent residency.
- For the past year, 29.7 percent of foreign students have worked in Korea. After graduation, 47.2 percent of foreign
students wanted to stay in Korea.
※ For more information, refer to the attached file.