|Title||Results of the 2010 Population and Housing Census (Women, children, the aged, mental or physical impairment and social activities)|
Ⅰ. Women and Fertility
(1) Female population
- The female population was 24,150 thousand persons in 2010, which increased by 574 thousand persons (2.4 percent) from 2005. The female population aged 15 to 49 was 12,735 thousand persons, which decreased by 2.8 percent from 2005.
(1) Number of children ever born
- The average number of children ever born for married females was 2.38 persons in 2010, which decreased by 0.05 person from 2.43 persons in 2005.
Ⅱ. Children and the Aged
- The share of children aged 0 to 12 who were entirely taken care of by their parents in the daytime marked 32.3 percent.
2. The aged
(1) The aged
- The population aged 65 or more increased by 24.3 percent from 2005. This increase rate was 12.2 times higher than the increase rate of the total population (2.0 percent).
Ⅲ. Mental or Physical Impairment and Social Activities
1. Mental or physical impairment
(1) Mental or physical impairment
- Physically or mentally disabled persons aged 5 or more accounted for 7.6 percent. By age group, physically or mentally disabled persons aged 70 or more occupied the largest share of 44.5 percent.
2. Social activities
(1) Social activities
- The population aged 15 or more who took part in social activities was 12,725 thousand persons (32.1 percent).
※ For more information, refer to the attached file.