|Title||2020 Population and Housing Census (Register-based Census)|
- As of November 1st, 2020, the population of South Korea was 51.83 million persons, which increased by 50 thousand persons (0.1%)
- In 2020, Sejong showed the highest year-on-year population growth rate, which was followed by Gyeonggi and Jeju.
- The youth population aged 0 ~ 14 and the working age population aged 15 ~ 64 recorded a year-on-year decrease. In the meantime, the
elderly population aged 65 or more recorded a year-on-year increase.
- The foreign nationals in South Korea amounted to 1.70 million persons, which occupied 3.3% of the total population. This figure declined
by 80 thousand persons (-4.7%) compared to 2019.
- As of November 1st, 2020, the number of households totaled 21.48 million households, increasing by 590 thousand households (2.8%)
- In 2020, 1-person and 2-person households occupied 59.8% of the total general households, up 1.7%p from 58.1% in 2019.
- As for general households by type of living quarters, apartments and detached houses occupied 51.5% and 30.4%, respectively.
- The multi-cultural households amounted to 370 thousand households, which took up 1.8% of the general households. The multi-cultural
household members totaled 1.09 million persons, which accounted for 2.1% of the total population.
- As of November 1st, 2020, the number of housing units totaled 18.53 million units, rising by 400 thousand units (2.2%) compared to
- 51.5% of detached houses were constructed 30 years ago or more. 42.7% of apartments were constructed 20 years ago or more.
※ For more information, refer to the attached file.