|Title||Final Results of Birth Statistics in 2011|
1. Number of live births and crude birth rates
- The number of live births increased by 1.1 thousand persons to 471.3 thousand persons in 2011. The crude birth rate stood at 9.4 persons, which remained the same level as the previous year.
2. Total fertility rates and age-specific fertility rates
- The total fertility rate marked 1.244 in 2011, up 0.018 from 2010. The fertility rate for mothers aged 30 to 34 recorded the highest figure of 114.4 persons per 1,000 female population. The fertility rates for mothers in their thirties or more showed a continuously upward trend.
3. Birth order
- As for the first child, the number of live births increased by 4.2 thousand persons. As for the third child and over, the number of live births rose by 1.7 thousand persons. As for the second child, the number of live births fell by 2.9 thousand persons.
- The share of live births for the first child rose by 0.6%p to 51.0 percent in 2011.
4. Average age of mothers
- The average age of mothers was 31.44 years in 2011, up 0.18 from 2010. The mothers in their thirties or more occupied 65.0 percent of the total mothers.
5. Sex ratio at birth
- The sex ratio at birth was 105.7 in 2011, down 1.2 from 2010.
※ For more information, refer to the attached file.