|Title||Preliminary Results of Birth and Death Statistics in 2019|
- In 2019, the number of live births was 303.1 thousand persons, which dropped by 23.7 thousand persons (-7.3%) from
- In 2019, the fertility rate showed a year-on-year decrease in all age groups excluding mothers aged 40~49.
- The average age of mothers giving birth to a child was 33.0 years in 2019, up 0.2 year from 2018.
- In 2019, the number of deaths was 295.1 thousand persons, which fell by 3.7 thousand persons (-1.2%) from 2018.
- Compared to 2018, the deaths in January and February sharply decreased by 13.3% and 8.3%, respectively.
- The natural increase (Birth - Death) marked 8 thousand persons in 2019, which fell by 20 thousand persons (-71.7%) from
※ For more information, refer to the attached file.