|Title||Birth Statistics in 2020|
- There were 272.3 thousand live births in 2020, which dropped by 30.3 thousand (-10.0%) from 2019.
- The fertility rate showed a year-on-year decrease in all age groups excluding mothers aged 40~44.
- The average age of mothers giving birth to a child was 33.1 years in 2020, up 0.1 year from 2019.
- Compared to 2019, the live births as the first child dropped by 15 thousand (-8.6%).
- The total fertility rate of Sejong recorded the highest figure of 1.28 children per woman, which was followed by Jeonnam (1.15). In the
meantime, the total fertility rate of Seoul recorded the lowest figure of 0.64 child per woman, which was followed by Busan (0.75).
※ For more information, refer to the attached file.