|Title||Preliminary Results of Birth and Death Statistics in 2021|
- In 2021, the number of live births was 260.5 thousand persons, which fell by 11.8 thousand persons (-4.3%) from 2020.
- In 2021, the fertility rate showed a year-on-year decrease in the groups aged 34 or less. The fertility rate showed a year-on-year increase
in the groups aged 35 or more.
- Compared to 2020, the live births of the first child declined by 6 thousand persons (-4.0%). The live births of the second child declined by
4 thousand persons (-4.5%).
- In 2021, the number of deaths was 317.8 thousand persons, which grew by 12.8 thousand persons (4.2%) from 2020.
- The number of deaths of people aged 90 or more showed the highest year-on-year increase rate of 8.4%, which was followed by those
aged 60~69 (8.2%) and those aged 80~89 (6.5%).
- In 2021, the natural increase (Birth - Death) recorded a negative figure of 57.3 thousand persons, which declined by
24.7 thousand persons from 2020.
※ For more information, refer to the attached file.