|Title||Birth Statistics in 2019|
- There were 302.7 thousand live births in 2019, which declined by 24.1 thousand (-7.4%) from 2018.
- The fertility rate showed a year-on-year decrease in all age groups excluding mothers aged 40~49.
- The average age of mothers giving birth to a child was 33.0 years in 2019, up 0.2 year from 2018.
- Compared to 2018, the live births as the second child dropped by 11 thousand (-9.5%), which recorded the highest decrease.
- The total fertility rate of Sejong recorded the highest figure of 1.47 children per woman, which was followed by Jeonnam (1.23). In the
meantime, the total fertility rate of Seoul recorded the lowest figure of 0.72 child per woman, which was followed by Busan (0.83).
※ For more information, refer to the attached file.