|Title||2019 Population and Housing Census (Register-based Census)|
- As of November 1st, 2019, the population of South Korea was 51.78 million persons, which increased by 150 thousand persons (0.3%)
- Compared to 2018, Sejong showed the highest population growth rate, which was followed by Gyeonggi and Jeju.
- The youth population aged 0 ~ 14 and the working age population aged 15 ~ 64 recorded a year-on-year decrease. In the meantime, the
elderly population aged 65 or more recorded a year-on-year increase.
- The foreign nationals in South Korea amounted to 1.78 million persons, which occupied 3.4% of the total population. This figure rose by
130 thousand persons (7.7%) compared to 2018.
- In 2019, the number of households totaled 20.89 million households, increasing by 390 thousand households (1.9%) from 2018.
- In 2019, 1-person and 2-person households occupied 58.1% of the total general households, up 1.5%p from 56.5% in 2018.
- As for general households by type of living quarters, apartments and detached houses occupied 51.1% and 31.0%, respectively.
- The multi-cultural households amounted to 350 thousand households, which took up 1.7% of the general households. The multi-cultural
household members totaled 1.06 million persons, which accounted for 2.1% of the total population.
- As of November 1st, 2019, the number of housing units totaled 18.13 million units, rising by 490 thousand units (2.8%) compared to
- 50.1% of detached houses were constructed 30 years ago or more. 40.9% of apartments were constructed 20 years ago or more.
※ For more information, refer to the attached file.