- The data shown in this page correspond to the data described on the International Monetary Fund`s Dissemination Standards Bulletin Board(DSBB). For a fuller explanation of the DSBB and statistical standards to which Korea has committed, please click on DSBB home page.
- Date of last update : 05/Dec/2013 updated
- Unless otherwise indicated, the data are not seasonally adjusted.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the data are final when first released.
- Real Sector
Real Sector Unit Description Observations Links to Country Data Period of Latest Data Latest Data Previous Data National Accounts BOK * GDP at current prices
- GDP by industry
Billion won preliminary Q3/13 334,680.3 330,476.4 * GDP at chained 2005 prices
- GDP by industry
Billion won preliminary Q3/13 285,343.7 282,344.9 Production Index 2010=100 Oct/13 111.3 99.9 KOSIS Forward-looking indicators * Leading composite Index 2010=100 Oct/13 115.9 115.0 KOSIS * Business Survey Index Nov/13 74.0 75.0 BOK Employment Thousand persons Oct/13 25,545.0 25,466.0 KOSIS Unemployment % of labor force, SA Oct/13 2.8 2.7 KOSIS Wages/Earnings 2005=100 Q2/13 125.2 133.3 MOL Consumer Price Index 2010=100 Nov/13 107.5 107.6 KOSIS Producer Price Index(PPI) 2010=100 Oct/13 105.3 105.7 BOK
- Fiscal Sector
Fiscal Sector Unit Description Observations Links to Country Data Period of Latest Data Latest Data Previous Data General Government or public sector Operations MOSF * Revenue Billion won 2011 363,100.0 337,887.0 * Expenditure Billion won 2011 342,821.0 326,519.0 * Balance, Deficit/Surplus Billion won 2011 20,278.0 11,368.0 * Financing Billion won 2011 -20,278.0 -11,368.0 Central Government Operations MOSF * Revenue Billion won Sep/13 236,031.0 210,200.0 * Expenditure Billion won Sep/13 238,133.0 217,305.0 * Balance, Deficit/Surplus Billion won Sep/13 -2,103.0 -7,105.0 * Financing Billion won Sep/13 2,103.0 7,105.0 Central Government Debt MOSF * Total gross outstanding of the central Government debt Billion won Q3/13 453,591.0 447,475.0 * Debt by original maturity Billion won Q3/13 453,591.0 447,475.0 * Debt by debt instrument Billion won Q3/13 453,591.0 447,475.0 * Debt by residency Billion won Q3/13 453,591.0 447,475.0 * Central Government guaranteed debt Billion won Q3/13 30,248.0 30,777.0
- Financial Sector
Financial Sector Unit Description Observations Links to Country Data Period of Latest Data Latest Data Previous Data Analytical Accounts of the Banking Sector (Monetary Survey) BOK * Monetary aggregates(M2, broad, end of month ) Billion won Sep/13 r1,900,172.3 1,897,581.7 * Domestic claims (End of month) Billion won Sep/13 r2,147,298.8 2,147,403.5 - public sector (End of month) Billion won Sep/13 r-77,308.4 -72,509.8 - private sector (End of month) Billion won Sep/13 r2,224,607.2 2,219,913.3 * External position(Net foreign assets) Billion won Sep/13 r388,318.7 375,849.6 - Gross foreign assets Billion won Sep/13 r671,710.2 666,944.1 - Gross foreign liabilities Billion won Sep/13 r283,391.5 291,094.5 Analytical Accounts of the Central Bank BOK * Monetary base Billion won Oct/13 p97,182.1 r101,965.2 * Domestic claims (End of month) Billion won Oct/13 p20,758.3 r-119,419.9 - public sector (End of month) Billion won Oct/13 p12,591.1 r-132,664.2 - private sector (End of month ) Billion won Oct/13 p8,167.2 r13,244.3 * External position (Net foreign assets) Billion won Oct/13 p367,536.1 r403,751.4 - Gross foreign assets Billion won Oct/13 p387,783.6 r490,506.8 - Gross foreign liabilities Billion won Oct/13 p20,247.5 r86,755.4 Interest Rates BOK * Interest rates on aggregrate credit ceiling loans(rediscount policy variable rate) % per year Aug/13 0.5~1.25 0.5~1.25 * Overnight interbank call rates (weighted average rates by trading volume) % per year Aug/13 2.5 2.5 * CBs & SBs weighted averages of interest rates on time & saving deposits(newly extended) % per year Aug/13 2.6 2.6 * CBs & SBs weighted averages of interest rates on loans & discounts (newly extended) % per year Aug/13 4.6 4.6 * Yields on Treasury bonds (period average rates, a maturity of 3 years) % per year Aug/13 2.9 2.9 Financial Soundness Indicators FSS Stock Market (Korea Composite Stock Market Index [KOPSI}) Jan/1 1980=100.00 Nov/12 1,898.4 1,912.1 KSE
- External Sector
External Sector Unit Description Observations Links to Country Data Period of Latest Data Latest Data Previous Data Balance of Payments (BOP by financial Account) BOK * Imports of goods and services US$ million Oct/13 53,701.6 48,467.8 * Exports of goods and services US$ million Oct/13 62,376.6 55,009.6 * Balance of primary income US$ million Oct/13 786.0 319.9 * Balance of secondary income US$ million Oct/13 46.6 -323.7 * Capital and Financial Account US$ million Oct/13 -10,128.3 -4,607.3 - Reserve Assets US$ million Oct/13 620.7 -1,963.8 International Reserves (Official Reserve assets) US$ million Nov/13 345,011.7 343,225.5 BOK * foreign currency reserves US$ million Nov/13 335,400.3 333,395.3 * IMF Reserve Position US$ million Nov/13 2,483.0 2,529.3 * SDRs US$ million Nov/13 3,472.1 3,490.4 * Gold US$ million Nov/13 4,794.5 4,794.5 * Other Reserves Assets US$ million Nov/13 -1,138.2 -984.0 International Reserves and Foreign Currency liquidity (Reserves template) US$ million Oct/13 343,225.5 336,921.8 BOK Merchandise Trade KCS *Total exports (FOB value) US$ million Oct/13 50,492.7 44,670.0 *Total imports (CIF value) US$ million Oct/13 45,614.5 41,022.6 International Investment Position US$ million BOK *Assets(A) Q3/13 917,892.8 874,950.2 *Liabilities(B) Q3/13 960,434.5 890,857.2 *Net International Investment Position(A-B) Q3/13 -42,541.6 -15,907.0 Gross External Debt US$ million Q3/13 411,015.0 407,350.6 BOK Spot Exchange Rates Won per US$ Nov/12 1,082.9 1,090.7 BOK (Population Projections for Korea) Thousand persons 2013 50,220.0 50,004.0 KOSIS
- Footnotes (n.a - not available / p - preliminary / r - revised )
- The Business Survey Index is calculated by the equation "BSI = ratio of corporations which answered positively less the ratio of corporations which negatively plus 100". The index above 100 indicates that the condition for businesses is positive, and below 100 indicates negative condition. From February 2003 the Business Survey Index is disseminated monthly.
- General Government Operations data began to be disseminated in 1997. Flexibility option is being taken for the timeliness of the General Government Operations category.
- "Domestic claims on the public sector" covers claims on central government, localgovernment and social security organizations.
- "Domestic claims on the private sector" covers claims on domestic economy other than the public sector and depository corporations.
- It is impossible to break down the provisional statistics of the foreign sector into sub-items such as foreign assets or foreign liabilities, because they are estimated in terms of the increase or decrease in net foreign assets on the basis of bank' foreign exchange receipts and payments statistics. But we can provide the final statistics of foreign sector into sub-items such as foreign assets or foreign liabilities.
- Daily data are disseminated on the Bank of Korea's website.
- The daily data are posted on the KRX's Internet website (http://eng.krx.co.kr).
- The public can obtain the daily data for the spot exchange rates on the B.O.K's internet site. The 3-month and 6-month forward exchange rates are not disseminated as the forward exchange market is not sufficiently developed.
- The data means the balance including social security funds. The balances of the latest observation excluding social security funds is -2,344billion won.
- The base year is changed from 2000 to 2005. From December 2006 onwards, the data is disseminated according to the new base year.
- The base year is changed from 2000 to 2005. From January 2008 onwards, the data is disseminated according to the new base year.
- Not included in the Central Government Debt.
- Data are monthly weighted average rates by trading volume.
- Commercial Banks & Specialized Banks (Excludes domestic branches of foreign banks).
- Interest rates are weighted averages on amounts of loans with banking funds (excludes overdrafts and revolving loans<'minus loans'>).
- There are no short-term government bonds issued in Korea.
- The results of the first-stage implementation of the new Balance of Payments Manual (BPM6)
- Item to be added under IMF SDDS legal text changed