||Time Use Survey|
|Type of statistics
||Designated and surveyed statistics|
- To provide basic data required for understanding people's life style and quality of life by measuring how people spend 24 hours
- To understand time spent on unpaid housework in order to analyze economic value of housework and to provide basic data required for integrating satellite account of households into national account system.
- To provide basic data for establishing various policies related to labor, welfare, culture and traffic as well as for academic research.
||Every 5 years|
- 1997: Established basic plans and collected & analyzed related data
- 1998: Three test surveys (May, Aug. and Nov.) and held expert meetings
- 1999: Preliminary model survey(May) and held social sectional meetings by the Statistics Committee (Jul.)
- 1999: The first survey (Sep.)
- 2003: Three test surveys (Jun., Jul. and Oct.) and held expert meetings
- 2004: Preliminary model survey (April)
- 2004: The second survey (Sep.)
- 2008: Carried out research on survey methodology, gathered opinions from experts and carried out the test survey
- 2009: The third survey (Mar., Sep.)