||To provide basic data required for the establishment of various policies and for research & analyses by obtaining in-depth understanding of the management status and structural changes for 1 year in Sewerage, waste management, materials recovery and remediation activities(E), Information and communications(J), Real estate activities and renting and leasing(L), Business facilities management and business support services(N), Education(P), Human health and social work activities(Q), Arts, sports and recreation related services(R), Membership organizations, repair and other personal services(S)|
- 1988: Developed as annual sample surveys with the results of Establishment Census as the population in the 1st Survey (by Local Offices of the Statistics Korea)
- 1989: Dual survey system by Local Offices of the Statistics Korea (survey in Seoul only) and local governments in areas of K and O (the 2nd Survey)
- 1991: Single survey system by local governments in areas of K, M, N and O (the 4th Survey)
- 1995: Changed survey organizations from local governments to Local Offices of the Statistics Korea and administered the Survey in the area of K with the results of the 1993 Census on Basic Characteristics of Establishments as the population (the 7th Survey)
- 1996: Survey in the area of O
- 1997: Survey in areas of K and O
- 1998: Changed survey organizations from Local Offices of the Statistics Korea to local governments to collect data on areas of K and O (the 10th Survey)
- 1999: Changed survey organizations from local governments to Local Offices of the Statistics Korea to collect data on areas of K and O (the 11th Survey)
- 2000~2007: The 12th~17th survey covered L, M, P, Q and R.(The 9th and 10th Service Industry Census were conducted in 2002 and 2006)
- 2005: Disaggregated the disseminating level of data by enlarging sample size(Groups of KSIC→Classes of KSIC)
- 2007: Disaggregated the disseminating level of data by enlarging sample size(Classes of KSIC→Sub-Classes of KSIC)
- 2008 : The 18th survey covered E, J, L, N, P, Q, R, and S.
- The 9th revision of KSIC(2007.12.28) was applied to the 18th survey.
- Oct. 2008: Changed the Korean survey title
- 2009: The 19th survey covered the industries of E, J, L, N, P, Q, R and S.