Economically Active Population Survey in October 2023
[Economically active population and labor force participation rate]
◦ The economically active population marked 29.390 million persons in October, which grew 280 thousand persons or 1.0% year-on-year.
◦ The labor force participation rate stood at 64.7% in October, up 0.4%p year-on-year.
[Employed persons and employment to population ratio]
◦ The number of employed persons totaled 28.764 million persons in October, which went up 346 thousand persons or 1.2% year-on-year.
◦ The employment to population ratio recorded 63.3% in October, up 0.6%p year-on-year.
[Unemployed persons and unemployment rate]
◦ The number of unemployed persons totaled 627 thousand people in October, which decreased 66 thousand persons or 9.5% year-on-year.
◦ The unemployment rate marked 2.1% in October, down 0.3%p year-on-year.
[Economically inactive population]
◦ The economically inactive population totaled 16.062 million people in October, decreasing 130 thousand persons or 0.8% year-on-year.
※ For more information, refer to the attached file.