- Business Demography Statistics
- Analytic statistics
Type of Statistics
- General statistics (No. 101078, Dec. 22, 2012)
- To identify and analyze a life cycle and job creation effect of an enterprise such as the creation, closure, survival rates and (high) growth of a company over time by using the government's administrative data
- A company having more than 1 regular worker or sales volume with a purpose of making profits Non
profit organizations are excluded.
- A: Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing
- O: Public administration and defense; compulsory social security
- T: Activities of households as employers; undifferentiated goods- and services- producing activities of households for own use
- U: Activities of extraterritorial organizations and bodies
- K (64992): Financial holding company
Survey Unit and Target Population Size Enterprise
- (Corporation) Definition of a company headquarter excluding subsidiaries
- (Individual enterprise) Definition of an individual who has a business registration number
Survey Reference Period and Date
- Annual (January 1st to December 31st)
- Dec. 2012: Approved the production of statistics
- Dec. 2012: Published the first survey results (as a result of developing the administrative statistics on business demography )
- Dec. 2013: Revision approved
- (Added) Survival rates of new enterprises on a yearly basis
- (Sub division) Sub divided industry classification [12 industrial sections → 77 industrial divisions]
- (Sub division) Sub divided items by employment size
- Dec. 2014: Revision approved
- (Added) the number of companies by sales volume, the number of employees by employment size
- (Sub division) Main classification of the manufacturing industry (24 industrial divisions) → Sub classification (81 industrial groups)
- (Modification) Change in a way to mark survival rates
Reference for Use
- The statistics is calculated based on administration data (business registration, value added tax, etc.) and thus may be different from statistics obtained through a survey.
- Data was collected from commercial enterprises which have sales amounts and regular workers (excluding non-paid, daily or temporary workers) in a survey year, excluding non profit organizations.
- The number of employees includes not only regular employees, but also employers.
- As for incorporated enterprise, subsidiaries are subjected to headquarter for statistics calculation. But, in case of a single individual's multiple business registration, each business registration is regarded as being each different enterprise.
Method of Publication and URL
- Press release, KOSIS (https://kosis.kr), Statistics Korea website (https://kostat.go.kr)