- Price Index of Commodities Received and Paid by Farmers
- Survey statistics
Type of Statistics
- Designated statistics (Approval No. 306001)
- To provide basic data necessary for analyzing farming household economy in terms of prices by compiling the price indexes of agricultural produces that farming households produce, and goods and services that farming households consume
- Commodities received by farmers: Centralized survey, once per month
- Commodities paid by farmers: Centralized & Regional survey, once per month (15th)
- A whole country
Survey Unit and Target Population Size
- Business entities and farming households (220 units in 142 cities and counties)
Survey Reference Period and Date
- Reference period: The 1st day of a month ~ the end of a month
- Reference date: 15th
- June 1956: The Agriculture Bank (Predecessor of Agricultural Cooperatives) carried out the first survey called "Regional Price Survey".
- Apr. 1958: The survey was renamed as "Rural Area Price Survey".
- May 1959: Renamed as "Rural Area Price and Wage Survey"
- April 1964: 1st index revision (1960=100)
- Jan. 1965: Designated as the government designated statistics (No. 12)
- Jan. 1967: 2nd index revision (1965=100)
- Jan. 1972: 3rd Index revision (1970=100)
- March 1977: 4th Index revision (1975=100)
- Sep. 1982: 5th Index revision (1980=100)
- Jan. 1987: 6th Index revision (1985=100)
- April 1993: Renamed as "Price Index of Commodities Received and Paid by Farmers"
- April 1993: 7th Index revision (1990=100)
- Nov. 1993: Statistics production approval number changed. (No. 30601)
- Dec. 1997: 8th Index revision (1995=100)
- Jan. 2003: 9th Index revision (2000=100)
- April 2008: 10th index revision (2005=100): The Price Index of Commodities Received and Paid by Farmers was transferred to the KNSO according to the changes in governmental organization.
- April 2013: 11th Index revision (2010=100)
- April 2018: 12th Index revision (2015=100)
- Commodities sold by farming households (72 items: centralized survey on 22 items, 50 items from the National Agricultural Cooperative Federation)
- Commodities purchased by farming households (421 items: 378 items on consumer price index, 34 items on centralized survey, 9 items on regional survey)
- Item price received by farmers (monthly)
- Monthly farming labor wage (a day per a female or male worker)
- Agricultural machinery rents (tractor, rice planting machine, combine, dryer)
- Price of agricultural equipment (tractor, combine, speed sprayer)
Method of Publication and URL
- Annual (media release and online publications), Quarterly (KOSIS upload and online publications) https://kosis.kr
- Quarterly (Jan., Apr., Jul. and Oct.)
- Online publications