- Fishery Production Survey
- Survey Statistics
Type of Statistics
- Designated statistics No. 123022
- To provide basic data necessary for making fishery policies such as the Korea and Japan Fisheries Agreement, the Korea and China Fisheries Agreement, the demand and supply of fishery products, the recovery project of fishery resources and distance waters fisheries, and carrying out academic researches by identifying the production of adjacent waters fisheries, inland waters fisheries and distant waters fisheries
- Fisherman households and fishing businesses
Survey Unit and Target Population Size
- KG, KRW / 10,000 (including sample and complete survey)
Survey Reference Period and Date
- Reference period: The 1st day ~ the end of a month, Reference date: the end of every month
- 1948: The Fisheries Bureau of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry carried out the first administrative statistics for a littoral sea and shallow sea farming.
- 1963: Introduced a survey of the open sea catch (administrative survey)
- 1966: Transferred to The Fishery Administration Bureau of the Fisheries Agency. Added a survey of inland fisheries (administrative survey)
- Dec, 9, 1970: Approved as the government designated statistics (No. 24)
- Feb. 9, 1971: Established the survey rules of fishery produce (No. 445 of the ordinance of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry)
- 1978: Transferred from the Fishery Agency to the Statistical Production Office of the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries
- Nov. 1982: Introduced the sample survey of non-systemic sales (individual sales)
- Oct. 1983: Developed the computerized system of systemic production survey (Sales commissioned to the Fisheries Cooperatives)
- March 1984: Introduced the computerized system of non-systemic production survey
- Aug. 8, 1996: The statistical production was transferred to the computerized statistics division (Computerized Statistics Division) of the Ministry of Maritime Affairs & Fisheries.
- July 1, 1998: The statistical production was transferred to the Agriculture and Fishery Statistics Division of the Statistics Korea.
- Jan. 1, 2003: The statistical production was transferred to the Fishery Technical Personnel Division of the Ministry of Maritime Affairs & Fisheries.
- March 5, 2008: The statistical production was transferred to the Fishery Production Statisitcs Division of the Statistics Korea as a result of government restructuring.
- 2010: Changed title from the Agriculture and Fisheries Production Statistics Division to the Agriculture and Fisheries Statistics Division
- 2017: Changed the title of the statistical production division from the Agriculture and Fisheries Statistics Division to the Short-Term Agriculture and Fisheries Statistics Division
Method of Publication and URL
- KOSIS (https://kosis.kr)
- Fishery Production Survey