Economically Active Population Survey in August 2023
[Economically active population and labor force participation rate]
◦ The economically active population marked 29.251 million persons in August, which grew 227 thousand persons or 0.8% year-on-year.
◦ The labor force participation rate stood at 64.4% in August, up 0.3%p year-on-year.
[Employed persons and employment to population ratio]
◦ The number of employed persons totaled 28.678 million persons in August, which went up 268 thousand persons or 0.9% year-on-year.
◦ The employment to population ratio recorded 63.1% in August, up 0.3%p year-on-year.
[Unemployed persons and unemployment rate]
◦ The number of unemployed persons totaled 573 thousand people in August, which decreased 41 thousand persons or 6.7% year-on-year.
◦ The unemployment rate marked 2.0% in August, down 0.1%p year-on-year.
[Economically inactive population]
◦ The economically inactive population totaled 16.163 million people in August, decreasing 83 thousand persons or 0.5% year-on-year.
※ For more information, refer to the attached file.