|Title||Korea-Uzbekistan Conference on Statistics Cooperation|
□ KOSTAT shares its 2020 census experience and advanced technologies with the State Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan on Statistics (Goskomstat) to help the latter implement its first census in 34 years.
□ Statistics Korea held a bilateral statistical cooperation meeting via video with Goskomstat on December 14th 2021.
- The video conference was held at the request of Goskomstat which is hoping to gain experience and knowledge from KOSTAT regarding census taking ahead of its 2023 Population and Housing Census of Uzbekistan.
- Commissioner Keunkwan Ryu, the head of Statistics Korea, congratulated Uzbekistan on its 30th anniversary of independence and for planning to conduct its first census since that momentous date.
- Mr. Begalov Bakhodir Abdusalomovich, Chairman of Goskomstat, expressed his gratitude to KOSTAT for its support and continued cooperation. He believes that a lot of information will be gathered from this piolt survey, and that a great deal of positive change will take place as a result.
- Commissioner Dr. Ryu mentioned that KOSTAT has successfully conducted a “Paperless Census” using personal computers, telephones, and mobile devices, and so has dramatically reduced the burden of respondents. He pledged to share KOSTAT’s census experiences and knowledge with Goskomstat for the success of their 2023 census.
- KOSTAT and Goskomstat have agreed to maintain a close collaborative relationship through various channels.