|Title||Report on the PARIS21 2020 Annual Meeting|
1. Overview of Meeting
□ “PARIS21 2020 Annual Meeting” took place on April 8 ~ 9, 2020 and around 90 people from
Mongolia (Chair of the meeting), recipient countries, donor countries, OECD and others
participated. The 2020 annual meeting was held using a video-conferencing platform due to
2. Major Points from Meeting
□ The meeting was comprised of sessions for PARIS 21 Board approval, presentations and
discussions. The three items to be approved by the Board were the composition of the
Executive Committee, the 2020 budget and planned major activities, and mid-term strategies
□ Presentations and discussions took place in two sessions on ‘What are national
statistical offices doing?’ and ‘Unlocking the SDGs as a shared results framework’.
○ COVID-19: What are national statistical offices doing?
- COVID-19 has affected national statistical offices (NSOs) in many developing countries
and these effects are expected to last for a long time. Based on its Task Force,
PARIS21 will promote the development of statistical strategies in the context of this
○ Unlocking the SDGs as a shared results framwork
- It was decided that steps would be taken to improve the data collection process for
SDG indicator management and apply international principles. This will be applied to
metadata on upcoming indicators, with the final results of assessment reached through
a comprehensive review.