Press Releases > Total
|Title||Economically Active Population Survey in May 2021|
< Economically active population and labor force participation rate >
○ The economically active population marked 28.698 million persons in May, which grew 489 thousand persons or 1.7% year-on-year.
○ The labor force participation rate stood at 63.7% in May, up 0.7%p year-on-year.
< Employed persons and employment to population ratio >
○ The number of employed persons totaled 27.550 million persons in May, which went up 619 thousand persons or 2.3% year-on-year.
○ The employment to population ratio recorded 61.2% in May, up 1.0%p year-on-year.
< Unemployed persons and unemployment rate >
○ The number of unemployed persons totaled 1.148 million people in May, which decreased 130 thousand persons or 10.2% year-on-year.
○ The unemployment rate marked 4.0% in May, down 0.5%p year-on-year.
< Economically inactive population >
○ The economically inactive population totaled 16.351 million people in May, decreasing 196 thousand persons or 1.2% year-on-year.
※ For more information, refer to the attached file.