|Title||Private Education Expenditures Survey in 2015|
- The total private education expenditures of elementary, middle and high school students recorded 17.8 trillion won in
2015, which dropped by 2.2 percent from 2014.
- The average monthly private education expenditures per student increased by 1.0 percent to 244 thousand won in 2015.
- The private education participation rate stood at 68.8 percent in 2015, which went up by 0.2%p from 2014.
- The weekly participation hours recorded 5.7 hours per student in 2015, which decreased by 0.1 hour from 2014.
- The average monthly private education expenditures on general subjects amounted to 190 thousand won per student in
2015, which fell by 0.3 percent from 2014.
- Students spending 500 thousand won and over per month on private education accounted for 15.1 percent,
up 0.8%p from 2014.
- The higher household income level, the higher education expenditures and participation rate.
- The after-school program participation rate recorded 57.2 percent. The percentage of students purchasing EBS textbooks
recorded 19.0 percent. The language course participation rate recorded 0.5 percent.
※ For more information, refer to the attached file.