|Title||Preliminary Results of Birth and Death Statistics in 2018|
- In 2018, the number of live births was 326.9 thousand persons, which dropped by 30.9 thousand persons (-8.6%) from 2017.
- The fertility rate showed a year-on-year decrease in all age groups excluding mothers aged 40~49.
- The average age of mothers giving birth to a child was 32.8 years in 2018, up 0.2 year from 2017.
- In 2018, the number of deaths was 298.9 thousand persons, which rose by 13.4 thousand persons (4.7%) from 2017.
- Deaths in January and February occupied 18.9% of the total deaths.
- The natural increase (Birth - Death) marked 28 thousand persons in 2018, which fell by 44 thousand persons (-61.3%) from 2017.
※ For more information, refer to the attached file.