|Title||Preliminary Results of Birth and Death Statistics in 2020|
- In 2020, the number of live births was 272.4 thousand persons, which dropped by 30.3 thousand persons (-10.0%) from 2019.
- In 2020, the fertility rate showed a year-on-year decrease in all age groups excluding mothers aged 40~49.
- Compared to 2019, the live births of the first child dropped by 14 thousand persons (-8.5%). The live births of the second child dropped
by 13 thousand persons (-11.7%).
- In 2020, the number of deaths was 305.1 thousand persons, which grew by 10 thousand persons (3.4%) from 2019.
- The number of deaths of people aged 90 or more showed the highest year-on-year increase rate of 8.9%, which was followed by those
aged 80~89 (6.4%) and those aged 20~29 (5.7%).
- In 2020, the natural increase (Birth - Death) recorded a negative figure (-33 thousand persons) for the first time.
※ For more information, refer to the attached file.