|Title||Internal Migration in 2020|
- (Internal migration of the nation)
The number of internal migrants was 7.735 million persons in 2020, which increased by 8.9% (631 thousand persons) from 2019.
- (Internal migration by region)
Sejong and Gyeonggi marked a high plus net migration rate. Ulsan and Daejeon marked a high minus net migration rate.
- (Internal migration by area)
Seoul Capital Area and Jungbu Area recorded a plus net migration, while Yeongnam Area and Honam Area recorded a minus net
- (Internal migration by Si, Gun & Gu)
Gwacheon-si, Gyeonggi (8.0%) and Gimpo-si, Gyeonggi (7.8%) recorded a high plus net migration rate.
- (Reasons for in-migrations)
The number of migrations resulting from housing showed the highest year-on-year increase.
※ For more information, refer to the attached file.